We welcome application for membership from counsellors or psychotherapists working in private practice in the London area, who:
- Are committed to the Christian faith.
- Have an awareness of the spiritual and psychological dimensions of personal growth.
- Are registered with BPC or UKCP or registered and accredited with BACP.
- Accept the ethical codes of conduct of their regulatory body.
- Are in good professional standing with no current investigations into their conduct.
- Are available to take referrals into an established private practice.
- Have professional indemnity insurance.
- Have undergone a significant period of personal therapy.
- Undertake regular supervision of their professional work.
- Are committed to active participation in Cornerstone.
We also consider applications for associate membership from those, who, within eighteen months of joining, will complete a training recognised by a professional body and gained registration with BPC or UKCP or become accredited with BACP. Associate members do not have their details on our Find a Therapist page.
We meet 6 to 8 times a year in Central London for support and professional development. We pay an annual subscription of £70.00 to cover our costs.
If you would like to apply for membership please email your CV and a covering letter to us, explaining why you would like to join and how you meet our membership criteria.
Once we receive your information we will send it to our members to check there are no boundary issues. We will then ask two of our members to meet you, so you can see if we are a group you would like to join and for us to ensure you have a similar perspective to us. We will discuss your training, therapy, your interest in the psychological and spiritual dimensions of therapy and something about your faith journey. We will also want to see evidence of your qualifications, the details of your membership with a regulatory body and your professional indemnity insurance. (For trainees and those working towards BACP accreditation we will ask to see evidence of your training organisation or accreditation progress.)
If you are offered membership and decide to accept, we will invite you to our meetings and, of course, if you are fully qualified, we will include details of your private practice on our web site.